Friday, December 28, 2012

Another day, another ropes course

Just realized I missed a whole day! Yesterday, we went mini-golfing in Porirua. And that's just about all! I guess we needed a quiet day.



Today, we headed back toward Porirua to do the ropes course there.



DS, HS, and RS recklessly agreed to come too. MC rather wisely chose to skip it. So that left 8 of us packed in the van heading down there.




Turned out to be a rather more challenging course than the one in Muriwai. It was much higher (max of 30m rather than 14m) and the elements tended to be more wobbly and harder to navigate.

There were a total of 7 courses. I did 1, 2, and 3 before deciding it was more than I could do. Everyone else except DS did 1, 3a, 4 and 5. DS did 1, 2 and 5.

1 and 2 were reasonably easy. 3/3a were significantly more challenging. I whacked my shin on a platform and then almost got stuck on a hanging rope part, at which point I decided the fun/fear ratio was all wrong. At about the time I gave up, DS was struggling with 5. From up in the tree tops, I could hear him saying "I'm dying here!"

Once the main group were done with 5, DC, DS, KC, RS, and LC decided they needed food, leaving SC, CC, and HS to tackle 6. When the food group returned, SC and CC were almost done, and HS was confusingly going through 2! Turns out that things got too much for HS and she backed out of the first element.


On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store for a few items for dinner and, more importantly, at the hardware store for a new hook, string, and ring for the game. CS, ZC, DS and the rest of the crew all joined us for dinner and games. Beautiful evening of sunbreaks and great company, until the heavens opened and tropical downpours began. Plus a couple of lightening bolts just to liven things up even more. Lovely evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment